Prepare for the slide of your life when world-class water slide racing comes to Carowinds! Debuting in 2021 is Boogie Board Racer, the longest mat racing slide in the Southeast delivering an AMAZING high-speed, high-thrill experience.
At the top of the water slide, you and five other racers will grab a mat and toe the line. Ready to race? In an instant, you will be released into the rushing current of Boogie Board Racer. Everyone will zoom through their own chutes – sometimes enclosed, sometimes open to the sun – always accelerating to fast speeds. Alongside each other, you’ll zip through multiple passes of outrageousness and into a 360-degree loop before a surprise drop into a splashdown finish. Will you be the fastest Boogie Board Racer?
Boogie Board Racer is the first new attraction in Carolina Harbor waterpark since it opened in 2016 and “shore” to reward riders with a tsunami-size blast!
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Guests must be at least 42” tall in bare feet to ride.
- Maximum Weight: 300 lb. per rider
- A complex that has guests slide headfirst on a mat down flumes into a 6" deep run out lane.
- A complex that has guests slide headfirst down one of six mat racing flumes. Slides descend into a 6” deep runout.
- Rider Criteria: Guests must lie stomach down on a mat, facing forward, and firmly grasping the handles throughout the ride with elbows tucked in towards the body. Riders are required to maintain the proper riding position – lie down head first, on stomach on the mat and hold handles, with their head up. Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; two functioning arms and one functioning leg. Guests with a cervical, neck brace and or broken collarbone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted.
- Rider Access: Access to the attraction requires climbing several flights of stairs with a 54” mat. Riders will have to ascend the slide tower and be capable of safely boarding the mat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. Please use caution when entering and exiting as the mat may shift. The mat and surrounding area may be slippery.