While standing on Carowinds midway, you might think that our Ricochet ride is a mild-mannered, oversized kiddie coaster. But, just you wait. There’s something quite different about this coaster that makes it stand out in a crowd. Think about your typical roller coaster, particularly the turns. Most are “banked”, meaning they tilt up a bit so you don’t feel the whip quite as much. Alas, not so with “wild mouse” types of roller coasters like Ricochet.
This sneaky ride is host to a series of completely flat, hairpin (therefore, hair-raising) turns with enough G-force to make you think you’re going to fly clear off the track into tomorrow. After the boomerang-like sharp turns, you fly down several hills with your stomach left far behind. With all these wacky, kick-back features, it’s no wonder this ride is called Ricochet.
Height Requirement: 54” minimum or 44” and accompanied by a supervising companion.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- A steel roller coaster with airtime hills and hairpin turns.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they may shift.
- Warning: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.