Have you ever wanted to soar like a bird over majestic mountains? The Mountain Gliders, opening in Carowinds’ all-new Blue Ridge Junction area in 2019, offers an experience that’s mighty close. After boarding one of the unique carriages, you’ll start spinning at a high speed, so much so that you’ll spin outward and rise to 28 feet above the ground. Once in the air, you take matters into your own hands by operating the carriage’s controls to command the glider’s flight.
Whether you explore the high altitudes as if flying above the Blue Ridge Mountains or cruise at a lower elevation in the valleys, the choice – and experience, mild or wild – is up to you.
Height Requirement: Guests must be 44" tall to ride alone OR 36" tall and accompanied by a supervising companion.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- Maximum weight – 340 lb. per car
- Riders ride in suspended cars that rotate in a circle. Once the rider’s speed increases, riders use a fin on the front of the car to steer the car higher or lower.
- A shared seatbelt secures each set of riders, fastening across the thighs and pelvis. The smaller rider must sit on the inside seat.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Guests must have a minimum of one full functioning leg (including prosthesis) and one leg amputated below the knee. Guests who do not demonstrate appropriate observed behavior must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Guests with a cervical collar or neck brace are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves into the seat. Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Caution: Units tip while entering and exiting.
Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.