Have you ever square danced? There’s one fancy step called the “do-si-do” where you spin around and around your partner and then go back to your starting point. This step is the whimsical, magical inspiration behind Carowinds’ Do-Si-Do ride, because you’ll spin around and around – in two directions! – before coming back to your starting point.
Grab a partner for this classic family ride that features three ginormous arms joining at a central column which rotates clockwise. At the end of the arms are colorful cars full of square dancers just like you. The crazy, exciting result is a two-way spiraling adventure that sends you flying through the air and gliding up, down and all around as you rotate in different directions – all while increasing speed, elevation and pure excitement! Each ride on the Do-Si-Do is different, so try it again and again for loads of fun. Yee haw!
Height Requirement: 54” minimum or 42” and accompanied by a supervising companion
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- This is a circular ride with three sweeps of gondolas moving counterclockwise against the ride’s main clockwise rotation.
- Maximum weight is 330lb. per car.
- A shared lap bar and seatbelt secures all riders in a row across the thighs and pelvis.
- The smaller rider must sit on the inside seat.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride.
- Amputations must be below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or a braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the gate to the right of the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up into the ride unit.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting as the ride unit may shift. Do not use the ride restraints for support as they will shift.
- Caution: Units tip while entering and exiting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.