Electro-Spin is a shock of fun for families and thrill seekers alike, definitely a County Fair favorite. When boarding this attraction, riders are seated on floorless gondolas as they prepare for a ride like no other. Electro-Spin sends its riders though a freely rotating orbit, as its arms flip them upside down and all around. This unique ride is sure to leave thrill seekers awed by its arsenal of tangled tricks.
Electro-Spin is hailed as one of the most popular rides in the County Fair section of the park. This thrilling adventure was one of the four new rides announced as part of the all-new Carowinds County Fair, which opened in 2017. The new addition revitalized this segment of Carowinds, sending guests back in time to an early-era fair. The traditional rides, theming and classic fair food located here leave guests feeling as if they are visiting a local county fair from their childhood.
Height Requirement: 54” minimum
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- An inverting thrill ride where units rotate on a 360 degree axis while spinning to a maximum height of 64 feet around the centre hub. Riders will experience weightlessness, strong side-to-side movement, and rapidly changing forces and directions.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety strap secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self upright in the seat against the shoulder harness.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full or braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into a suspended seat.
- Please use caution when entering and exiting as the ride unit may shift. Do not use the ride restraints for support as they will shift.
- Caution: Units tip while entering and exiting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.