The Carolina Skytower is one of Carowinds’ original attractions, opening on March 31, 1973 with the rest of the park. This ride is perfect for families, as it features an air-conditioned cabin that travels up a 262-foot tower. Once the cabin reaches the top, it rotates, giving guests an unobstructed panoramic view of both North Carolina and South Carolina. The entire park can be seen from the top of this ride. In the distance, guests will be able to see the Charlotte skyline, as well as the mountains.
The relaxing nature of the Carolina Skytower makes it the perfect spot to take a break and enjoy the beauty of Carowinds during a day of thrills on the state line. This is also the only ride in the park that permits on-ride photography, so you can always remember this un-rivaled view. Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind Charlotte attraction!
Height Requirement: 46” or accompanied by a supervising companion. Handheld infants must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- An air-conditioned, enclosed cabin which rotates while traveling up a tower.
- Guests who do not have seated postural control or do not demonstrate appropriate observed behavior must be accompanied by supervising companion.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit.
- This ride is wheelchair accessible and may accommodate one wheelchair.
- Service animals are permitted to ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.