Are you ready to be hurled around the world?
The Hurler joined Carowinds lineup up world-class roller coasters in 1994. This classic wooden coaster features an oval shaped track with one outer and two smaller inner laps. Riders leave the station to be met with an excitement-building lift hill, reaching a height of 83 feet. After the train races down the first drop, it immediately hurls riders through a large over banked turn. The remainder of the ride is filled with a series of airtime hills and quick turns over 3,157 feet of wooden track.
The Hurler is known for its unexpected pop of air time and hurling speeds of 50 mph. It’s located in the Thrill Zone section of the park, directly behind Jukebox Diner. This coaster’s size and height requirement makes it the perfect spot for guests who aren’t quite ready, or tall enough, to brave it’s neighbor, Fury 325.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
- DROP HEIGHT
- 83 Feet
- 50 MPH
- 2.0 Minutes
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A wooden rollercoaster with large drops and banked turns.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities: one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride.
- Amputations must be below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit where guests using a wheelchair will encounter an elevator located underneath the station to the left of the exit stairs. Press the elevator intercom button for assistance from a ride operator. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they may shift.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.