An early-era Carolina County Fair was never complete without an air show. So of course, Carowinds' County Fair is complete with an air show of its own – The Flying Cobras.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
This coaster sends riders through a 360-degree loop as well as a cobra roll at speeds up to 50 mph. Just as these thrill seekers catch their breath, fly through the entire ride again, but this time backwards. Riders are turned upside down a total of six times on this 125-foot tall, high speed looping coaster. Guests in County Fair can look to the sky to witness these daring aviation maneuvers of the Flying Cobras.
Seven infamous pilots are responsible for the amazing aerial acrobatics of The Flying Cobras. Each car of the roller coaster train has a different design and stunt pilot. Climb aboard and see which one you will fly with – Chet, Sandy, Flip, Sam, Ace, Gale or Chuck. The Flying Cobras queue line is filled with old-fashioned props including propellers and bios of the two brothers that lead this gang of aerial daredevils.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A high-speed, looping roller coaster which turns riders upside down forward and then again while traveling backward. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self upright in the seat against the shoulder harness.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they may shift.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.