Bumper-to-bumper traffic has never been this fun – or bumpy! Grab all your friends and family for fantastic fun on our Dodg’ems classic bumper car ride. After choosing a car and strapping in, there’s no telling what will happen! Prepare to outrun your favorite frenemy and take the chance of getting spun out. Or, swerve, whip, bump and crash cars with anyone and everyone to your heart’s wild desire. But make sure to watch out for that guy behind you; he’s got a wild look in his eye!
The thrills and zany adventures that only bumper cars can deliver have been at Carowinds since way back in 1979, but the pure joy and adrenaline of bashing and bumping the competition all the way into next week has never grown old. (Just a word to the wise: make sure to shake hands and play nice after the ride is over.)
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A bumper car ride where guests drive cars one way around a circular track. Riders will experience strong side-to-side movement and rapidly changing direction and forces.
- An individual shoulder strap is positioned over the shoulder and under the arm of each rider.
- Guests who are not able to steer and press the accelerator must have another individual accompany them to drive.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a visual impairment must ride as a passenger with a driver who meets the requirements to drive.
- Guests who do not demonstrate appropriate observed behavior must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up and over the side of the ride unit.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Avoid head-on collisions.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.