RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 3Z Arena is the world’s first intra-active 3-D attraction. After entering a state-of-the-art arena and picking a team – plants or zombies – guests are immersed within the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 universe in an epic battle to find the golden gnome. Packed with astonishing effects and zany action, players compete for high scores and bragging rights.
The new attraction, exclusive to Carowinds, is based off the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare franchise - a hilarious and over-the-top shooter videogame series that drops you into a crazy, all-out battle between plants and zombies in their fight for suburbia. Players are able to join the battle with new characters including Super Brainz, a zombie superhero who thinks he's an 80's action movie star, and Citron, a bounty-hunting orange from the future.
An intra-active experience means the game allows players to interact with the opposing team's screen. Guests will step inside the state-of-the-art Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena complex decked with 3-D technology, massive screens, surround sound and motion-based seats, to enjoy outrageous and imaginative encounters with their competition. Teams compete in the Plants vs. Zombies universe during an almost five-minute backyard battle, where they'll shoot screens with blasters and track their scores as they go.
Additional information on Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare: 3Z Arena includes:
- 68 motion-based seats equipped with hand-held laser devices
- Nearly 3,600 square foot arena
- Two 14'6" x 26' screen with independent 5.1 surround sound
- The attraction runs approximately ten times per hour to accommodate between 600-700 guests.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum. Guests between 46” tall and 48” must ride in the front row only.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- An intra-active 3-D digital experience where guests are immersed in the Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2 universe and compete in an epic battle to find the Golden Gnome.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests are not required to have appropriate center of gravity.
- Guests with a full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up into the ride unit.
- This ride is wheelchair accessible and may accommodate up to four wheelchairs.
- A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Service animals are permitted to ride.
- Warning: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.