RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE PLUS!
This hyper coaster is one of the tallest, fastest and longest of its kind in the Southeast. In fact, along with Fury 325, it is one of the top 10 tallest steel roller coasters in North America. Featuring seven extreme drops and lasting over three minutes, this coaster is a favorite among thrill seekers everywhere.
Height Requirement: 54” minimum
- 232 Feet
- 80 MPH
- 3.55 Minutes
A Racing Legend
Debuting in 2010, this hyper coaster was inspired by the original Intimidator himself, NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt. A North Carolina native, Earnhardt’s career was filled with numerous victories and seven championships, making him one of the most celebrated stock car racers in history. A wall of fame dedicated to Dale Earnhardt can be found at the entrance of the Intimidator, along with a replica of the infamous No. 3 Monte Carlo.
Race to the Finish Line
“Gentleman, start your engines!” begins your climb up a 232-foot hill before racing down a 74-degree drop at speeds up to 80 mph. Speed through 5,316 feet of track featuring twists, turns and hills as you race for the checkered flag and learn how this exhilarating ride earned its name.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A high speed, steel, hyper coaster which takes riders to a maximum height of 232 feet reaching speeds up to 80mph.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to ensure proper function and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; one functioning arm and two functioning legs. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride.
- Amputation must be below the ankle. Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining leg and arm remnants to be secured by the harness.
- Prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services or speak with a member of the Ride Supervisory team to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness or without the prosthetic.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit where guests using a wheelchair will encounter an elevator. Press the elevator intercom button for assistance from a ride operator.
- Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they will shift.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems.
- Warning: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.