RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
What goes up must come down – and down, and down, and down at incredibly dizzying speeds on the Drop Tower, among our guests’ favorite rides. Your Drop Tower experience begins by strapping into an open car, feet dangling, and spending the next tension-filled seconds ascending 174 feet into thin air to the peak. On a clear day, you can see for miles over the Carolina state line, but trust us, you won’t enjoy that view for very long. Before another thought can enter your brain, the ride releases and you drop -- you plunge -- you are completely emptied into a free fall of over 100 feet in seconds, reaching frenetic speeds of up to 56 miles per hour before the brakes kick in and – did that really happen? – you’re at the bottom and back to normal. But, know this: after riding the Drop Tower, you’re never truly normal again.
Height Requirement: 54” minimum
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A four open-air seated tower which lifts riders and drops them at a freefall before being stopped by a magnetic braking system.
- Maximum weight is 882 lb. per car.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride and the ride restraint system adequately restrains them.
- Amputations must be below the knee.
- Guests who do not have appropriate center of gravity must have sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride restraint system adequately restrains them.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full or braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis should not ride unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Alternate Access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering or exiting, as they will shift.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional accessibility information.