GREAT WILDERNESS LODGE
The lodge is the ultimate experience for those who prefer a more luxurious stay.
This 1,100 square foot fully appointed cabin sleeps up to 14 people with four bedrooms and three bathrooms plus a spacious great room with a 65" flat screen television and DVD player. In addition, guests will find a kitchenette, dishwasher, dining area, wrap around porch with rocking chairs and an outdoor grill and patio.
- Open year-round
- Located next to Carowinds
- Free shuttle service to the park (during park operating days)
- Discounted park tickets for registered guests
- Trading Post with General Store
- Picnic Tables at each site
- Bathroom facility with hot showers
- Swimming pool (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
- Shuffleboard, Cornhole and sand volleyball
- Camp Wilderness Lodge featuring laundry facilities, satellite TV and wireless internet access
Campground Information & Policies
- Pets are not permitted
- Ground fires are not permitted, however fire pits are permitted and can also be rented from the store.
- No smoking is permitted
- Check-in time for Great Wilderness Lodge is 3pm and check out time is prior to 11am
- We will make every attempt to accommodate any special requests. However, these requests are not guaranteed.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to register
- A $50 cancellation fee is charged for any reservation that is cancelled. We require 72 hours prior to date of arrival cancellation notice for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be your deposit minus a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to date of arrival, the amount of the first night room/site charge with tax will be forfeited.
Click here to view a PDF map of Carowinds Camp Wilderness
Take I-77 to SC exit #90 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. The park is just 15 minutes south of Uptown Charlotte and 15 minutes north of Rock Hill, SC.
Carowinds Camp Wilderness is accessed from Catawba Trace. When approaching from I-77, Catawba Trace is on the right after the main entrance to Carowinds. Camp Wilderness Guests should not use the main entrance of Carowinds.
For more accurate directions, use latitude and longitude:
Or use this address:
14609 Catawba Trace
Charlotte NC 28273