Camp Wilderness features RV, Pop-up and Tent Sites and can accommodate RVs up to 40 feet in length. The paved RV sites feature full hookups with water, sewer and electric. Fifty of the sites have upgraded, 50-amp service. In addition, there are 56 spacious tent and pop-up sites with water hookups and 30-amp electric service. Every site also features a charcoal grill.
- Open year-round
- Located next to Carowinds
- Free shuttle service to the park (during park operating days)
- Discounted park tickets for registered guests
- Trading Post with General Store
- Picnic Tables at each site
- Bathroom facility with hot showers
- Swimming pool (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
- Shuffleboard, Cornhole and sand volleyball
- Camp Wilderness Lodge featuring laundry facilities, satellite TV and wireless internet access
- 24 Hour Security
Campground Information & Policies
- Pets on a leash are permitted on your site only. Please clean up after your pet.
- Ground fires are not permitted
- Check-in time for campsites is at 2pm and check out time is 11am
- We will make every attempt to accommodate any special requests. However, these requests are not guaranteed.
- A $25 cancellation fee is charged for any reservation that is cancelled. We require 72 hours prior to date of arrival cancellation notice for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to date of arrival, the amount of the first night room/site charge with tax will be forfeited.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to register
Take I-77 to SC exit #90 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. The park is just 15 minutes south of Uptown Charlotte and 15 minutes north of Rock Hill, SC. To get to the campground, go past the entrance of the park and turn right onto Catawba Trace.