Camp Wilderness RV Site
Camp Wilderness features RV, Pop-up and Tent Sites and can accommodate RVs up to 40 feet in length. The paved RV sites feature full hookups with water, sewer and electric. Fifty of the sites have upgraded, 50-amp service. In addition, there are 56 spacious tent and pop-up sites with water hookups and 30-amp electric service. Every site also features a charcoal grill.
To reach the campground by telephone for more information or reservations, please call 704-587-9116.
- Open year-round
- Located next to Carowinds
- Free shuttle service to the park (during park operating days)
- Discounted park tickets for registered guests
- Trading Post with General Store
- Picnic Tables at each site
- Bathroom facility with hot showers
- Swimming pool (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
- Shuffleboard and Cornhole
- 24 Hour Security
Campground Information & Policies
- Pets on a leash are permitted on your site only. Please clean up after your pet.
- Ground fires are not permitted, however fire pits are permitted and can also be rented from the store.
- Check-in time for campsites is at 2pm and check out time is 11am.
- We will make every attempt to accommodate any special requests. However, these requests are not guaranteed.
- A $25 cancellation fee is charged for any reservation that is cancelled. We require 72 hours prior to date of arrival cancellation notice for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to date of arrival, the amount of the first night room/site charge with tax will be forfeited.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to register
Take I-77 to SC exit #90 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. The park is just 15 minutes south of Uptown Charlotte and 15 minutes north of Rock Hill, SC.
Carowinds Camp Wilderness is accessed from Catawba Trace. When approaching from I-77, Catawba Trace is on the right after the main entrance to Carowinds. Camp Wilderness Guests should not use the main entrance of Carowinds.
For more accurate directions, use latitude and longitude:
Or use this address:
14609 Catawba Trace
Charlotte NC 28273
LAST DAYS BEFORE SEASON PASS PRICING GOES UP!
Your fun is here and the best way to grab it is with a Gold Pass to Carowinds. From free parking to early access to the all-new Carolina Harbor waterpark; when you own a Gold Pass, it’s like you own the park.
But hurry, Season Pass prices go up May 31.
» Buy Now