Tired of selling candy bars and magazine subscriptions? Then Carowinds has a program that could be right for you! Our Fun Raising program gives non-profit groups and organizations the chance to earn money and have fun at the same time! It hardly seems like work when you spend a day Fun Raising at the park!
Groups interested in fundraising must register each year. For new groups, please be sure to read all of the information before applying for a specific date.
Bring more people, and you will make even more money for your group!
Positions Currently Available
Preparing and serving foods and drinks, cash handling, cleaning and dishwashing. There are inside and outside locations.
Cash handling, microphone and booth operation responsibilities. Most are open shelter.
Admission/Season Pass Enrollment
Ticketing taking and scanning Season Passes, ticket sales, cheerful welcoming of guests to Carowinds, cleaning and sweeping areas.
Cash handling, guest assistance, cleaning, stocking and straightening shops.
Keeping assigned Park midways and grounds clean by using a pan and broom. Volunteers are required to bend and are subject to weather conditions.
SCarowinds – Be a Monster!
Is your organization looking for a way to SCARE up some extra funds?
Have you been DYING to experience Scarowinds as a Monster?
Join the Terror Team at Scarowinds and make money for your group!
Screamsters are individuals who perform scares in designated zones or haunted mazes. Candidates should be outgoing and energetic, and remain safety conscious at all times. This opportunity requires wearing costumes and makeup and/or latex masks. Interact with Guests in a new and exciting way and help scare up some money for your team!
These shifts are from 3:00-12:00 each Scarowinds night in September and October. Please wear a black shirt and black pants for these shifts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the program work?
Carowinds is dedicated to helping non-profit groups achieve their goals and raise money for their organization. Interested groups can work in the park on select days. The hourly wages collectively earned by all members is then donated directly to their organization.
What dates are available for fundraisers?
All shifts (besides Monster shifts) will involve the use of cash registers. Every group member must be willing to work with money. Training will be provided.
- Friday, September 13, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, September 14, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00, 6:00-12:00
- Sunday, September 15, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 10:00-6:00
- Friday, September 20, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, September 21, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 11:00-7:00, 2:00-10:00, 3:00-12:00, 4:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Sunday, September 22, 2019: 9:30-5:00
- Friday, September 27, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, September 28, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 10:00-6:00, 11:00-7:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00, 6:00-12:00
- Sunday, September 29, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 10:00-6:00, 5:00-1:00
- Friday, October 4, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, October 5, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 11:00-7:00, 5:00-1:00
- Sunday, October 6, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Friday, October 11, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, October 12, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 11:00-7:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Sunday, October 13, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Friday, October 18, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, October 19, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 11:00-7:00, 3:00-1:00, 5:00-2:00
- Sunday, October 20, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Friday, October 25, 2019: 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
- Saturday, October 26, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 11:00-7:00, 3:00-1:00, 5:00-2:00
- Sunday, October 27, 2019: 9:00-4:00, 9:30-5:00, 3:00-12:00, 5:00-1:00
How much is the donation and how is the payment made?
The Group will be rewarded a base rate of $8.00 per hour worked per volunteer.
The group check will be made payable to the name of the Non-profit Organization listed on the W-9 Form. The check will be sent by mail or by direct deposit to the group leader within two weeks of the date volunteered. Please note that Carowinds must have a current W-9 form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form) on file before your check can be sent.
Are there any added benefits to the program or rewards for the fundraisers?
Free Complimentary Ticket
Free Park Ticket for Each Volunteer - Each volunteer who completes their shift will be given a free ticket. After Labor Day, Group Leaders will have the option of either a 2019 ticket or a 2020 ticket, and the Group Leader must decide all 2019 or all 2020.
Free Meal Card
Each volunteer/group organization/Staffing volunteer will receive one free meal card per shift valid at $5.00 dollars. These can be redeemed at Coasters Café during their break or for the SCarowinds buffet during SCarowinds Season. Anything over $5.00 dollars is responsible by the volunteer/group/staffing worker.
The bonus your group will receive is based on the number of group members that complete a shift each day. One bonus per group, per day.
- 0-4 group members- No bonus
- 5-9 group members- $50 bonus
- 10+ group members- $100 bonus
What are the group member requirements?
Group Member Requirements
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, and cannot be employed by Carowinds. All volunteers must bring an original state or school issued photo ID with proof of age to be presented at the time of check-in. All volunteers must present their valid ID each time they work at the park.
What should I wear?
Solid white polo or oxford style shirts are permitted. Sleeveless, crop tops, mesh, silk screened shirts, or logoed shirts are not permitted.
Solid Tan or Khaki. No denim material. No cargo style pants may be worn. Pants must be worn around the waist and with a belt.
Should be comfortable, closed toed shoes such as tennis or gym shoes, preferably in white or black. Sandals, open toed shoes or heels are not permitted.
Only hats issued by Carowinds are permissible. Scarves, bandanas, "do rags," or knit hats are not permitted. Solid blue or black colored raincoats or jackets without any logos or designs may be worn during inclement weather.
How do I register?
Click on the “Register Now” button to submit a registration interest form. A Carowinds Fundraising Representative will contact you to provide registration forms and schedule preferred date and shift times. Please note that all dates are considered tentative until confirmed with an official Carowinds representative. Carowinds retains the right to cancel or modify shifts if weather or attendance warrants at any time.