Carowinds’ mission is to make people smile. We bring families together for big laughs, thrills, splashes and delights and all the little things that make up happy memories. We are dedicated to supporting families and children in our community to ensure a bright and stable future for the Carolinas, and proudly provide more than $400,000 in donated tickets and goodwill efforts to non-profits.
We have strong and valued relationships with the following organizations:
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library Summer Break summerbreak.cmlibrary.org
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and Western North Carolina: nc.wish.org
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund (JDRF) of Greater Western Carolinas: gwc.jdrf.org
- Give Kids the World, Passport for Kids Program: gktw.org
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Charlotte: salvationarmycarolinas.org/bgccharlotte
- Autism Society of America: autism-society.org
- Community Blood Center of the Carolinas: cbcc.us
Bolstering the health, welfare and success of families and children is central to our charitable investment program. To focus our efforts and the impact of our support, we are moving away from our ticket request program, which provided two tickets for giveaways to many organizations. Instead, beginning in 2018 we’re giving larger donations to several family-focused organizations for a greater overall benefit to the community.