Afterburn« Go Back
At a Glance
|Duration:||2 minutes; 47 seconds|
|Height Requirement:||54 inches|
|Manufacturer:||Bolliger & Mabillard of Monthey, Switzerland|
- Introduced to the park in 1999 at a cost of more than $10 million, Afterburn was the largest investment in park history at that time.
- Afterburn is the park’s 2nd tallest and fastest rollercoaster, Afterburn ranks as one of the top 30 steel coasters in the world!
- Afterburn takes riders on six inversions including a space drop, a vertical loop, an immelman, a batwing, a flat spin and finally into a spiral
- Best known for its blinding speeds—up to 62 mph!
- Afterburn is distinguished by its inverted construction. With trains suspended below the track, riders loop on the outside of the track instead of on the inside