CAMP WILDERNESS CABINS
A stay in a Camp Wilderness cabin is not exactly roughing it. Each cabin features two bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with two bunk beds, as well as a futon couch that converts into a double bed (linens not provided) in the living room and can accommodate up to eight guests*.
These fully appointed cabins also have a kitchenette featuring a sink, range stove top, microwave, coffee maker and a mid-size refrigerator plus a dining room table with four chairs. Satellite television, air conditioning, a restroom with shower and hot water plus a front porch swing round out the amenity set.
*The layout of accessible cabins vary and can accommodate up to three guests.
- Open year-round
- Located next to Carowinds
- Free shuttle service to the park (during park operating days)
- Discounted park tickets for registered guests
- Trading Post with General Store
- Picnic Tables at each site
- Bathroom facility with hot showers
- Swimming pool (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
- Shuffleboard, Cornhole and sand volleyball
- Camp Wilderness Lodge featuring laundry facilities, satellite TV and wireless internet access
- Free linen exchange service
- 24 hour security
Campground Information & Policies
- Pets are not permitted
- Ground fires are not permitted, however fire pits are permitted and can also be rented from the store.
- No smoking is permitted
- Check-in time for cabins is at 2pm and check out time is prior to 11am
- We will make every attempt to accommodate any special requests. However, these requests are not guaranteed.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to register
- A $25 cancellation fee is charged for any reservation that is cancelled. We require 72 hours prior to date of arrival cancellation notice for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel less than 72 hours prior to date of arrival, the amount of the first night room/site charge with tax will be forfeited.
Take I-77 to SC exit #90 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. The park is just 15 minutes south of Uptown Charlotte and 15 minutes north of Rock Hill, SC. To get to the campground, go past the entrance of the park and turn right onto Catawba Trace.