Carowinds proudly provides accommodations for your furry family members on a daily basis at our Pet Kennel, located just left of the Main North Gate in front of section #9. This service is provided free of charge, but you will need to bring your pet’s food and any medication.
Pets are not allowed inside of Carowinds (except of service animals), but we’re happy to provide them a daily home during your visit in the park. Please note that overnight stays are unavailable. The Pet Kennel is open daily throughout the park’s regular operating season.
Carowinds associates are not able to provide special care to animals. This includes handling, walking and feeding. Guests are welcome to visit and/or walk pets in the designated area during the day of their visit.
Pet Kennel Sizes
All kennels are fiberglass with metal fronts and come in two sizes. This area is enclosed and climate-controlled with the use of ventilation fans and air conditioning as needed.
- An individual registering the pet must be at least 18 years of age and must sign a registration sheet. The same individual must check out the pet and sign the registration sheet for check out.
- All breeds of dogs are accepted, but must remain under control and safely kept.
- All animal types are accepted, providing there is a kennel of the appropriate size.
- Birds can be left in their cages and then placed inside one of the pet kennels.
- Ferrets and similar animals must have their own cages.
- Shot records are not required.