Program InformationBroaden your students’ horizons in the field of Engineering and get a behind-the-scenes perspective of the creative and mechanical side of the Carowinds. This educational day program includes a special seminar by a respected Engineering Industry Professional and the unveiling of the Engineering Day Contest Winner. Seminar begins at 12:15 pm. Should this session fill up, more times will be added.
Water Slide Engineering ContestCarowinds’ Water Slide Engineering Competition Grand prize winner will receive $500 for their school and will be displayed during Engineering Day. Submissions are due by FRIDAY, APRIL 18, 2014.
Download Official Rules
Download Copy of Carowinds Blue Print for Engineering Contest
Program DateFriday, May 2, 2014- Seminar begins at 12:15 pm, Doors open at 12:00 noon
Park Hours on this day: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm (subject to change)
Program Pricing$30.00 per person (ages 3 and older) - includes admission and educational seminar
Download Engineering Day Ticket Order Form.
All ticket orders received received before January 2014 will be held and processed at that time.
- Unless otherwise noted, all ticket orders (admission and meal) must be pre-paid fourteen (14) days prior to your visit to allow sufficient time to process your order. Orders received less than seven (7) days prior to your visit will be held at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate, for pick up. Season Pass holders do not count toward your group size.
- Admission tickets, meal tickets and bottomless soda wristbands are non-refundable. No rain checks are offered.
- Payment must be made via school check, money order (payable to “Carowinds”) or credit card (MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover accepted). Unfortunately, personal checks or purchase orders are not accepted.
- All school checks will be processed through Telecheck for approval. If declined, another method of payment will be requested.
- Chaperones: one (1) chaperone admission ticket will be given for every fifteen (15) admission tickets purchased, unless otherwise noted. Complimentary chaperone tickets do not include boxed lunches. Please call if you need to order these individually.
- Parking: Bus parking is free. Bus drivers will receive a complimentary admission ticket when presenting their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) at the Group Sales building, located at the front gate (does not include picnic meal or bottomless soda wristbands).