Waterpark Information and Guidelines
We look forward to your visit to Carolina Harbor! Carolina Harbor is Carowinds’ premier water park and is included with all park tickets and Season Passes. Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. This page will provide you with relevant information to make the most of your day at Carolina Harbor.
If you have any additional questions regarding your visit to Carolina Harbor, we would love to help! Please contact a park representative.
To participate in water park attractions, appropriate swimwear is required. Here are some recommendations to help you plan your visit:
- Appropriate swimwear is required. Thongs or transparent clothing are not permitted. We reserve the right to determine the appropriateness of swimwear.
- Guests wearing swimwear with metal buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps will not be permitted to ride Pirate’s Plank, or the body slides of Storm Surge, Pirate’s Landing, Kiddy Hawk Cove, and Seaside Splashworks.
- Footwear is not permitted on Carolina Harbor attractions.
- Guests requiring special accommodation should speak to a member of the Aquatics management team. Specifically designed attire made out of lycra or nylon type materials will be considered. Due to attraction manufacturer requirements, some riding restrictions may apply.
- Diaper dependent guests are required to wear swim diapers or a diaper specifically designed for aquatic use.
- When exiting Carolina Harbor, shirts, shorts, and shoes are required.
If you do not have appropriate swimwear, swimsuits and other aquatic gear can be purchased at Beach Combers.
Carolina Harbor Rules
To ensure the safest experience for all guests during their visit, the following rules are in effect. We appreciate your cooperation in this regard.
- Attractions may have specific height, weight, and safety requirements. Please refer to the Safety Guide sign posted at each attraction to make an informed decision as to whether the attraction is right for you.
- Please refrain from running, horseplay, and other boisterous activities.
- Glassware and similar material with a tendency to shatter on impact are not permitted in Carolina Harbor.
- For safety reasons, diving is not permitted at any attraction.
- Carolina Harbor and Carowinds is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Keep an eye on your young children. Children should not be left unattended at any time.
- Please secure all loose articles, including hats, glasses, and jewelry when riding. Cameras, cell phones and video recording devices may not be used on any slide or in any changing area or restroom.
- Water toys, whistles, and inflatable assists are not permitted.
- Masks and snorkels are not permitted at any water attraction.
- Hearing devices or any other electronic devices may be damaged by water. Please take the necessary steps to protect such items.
- According to crowd size, time at the water attractions and access to Carolina Harbor may be limited.
Our Aquatics staff is here to ensure that you have a safe and pleasant visit. First aid staff and water park supervisors are available throughout the area should you have any questions or need assistance. Please follow all lifeguard rules and instructions, but do not talk to or distract lifeguards while they are on duty.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable water park experience for our guests, Carolina Harbor routinely utilizes training exercises to improve our lifeguards’ skills and vigilance. These exercises will occur during normal operating hours and may consist of the following: submersible water mannequins, the use of video surveillance equipment, internal and external audits, active/inactive water rescues and/or first aid scenarios.
Carolina Harbor provides a full day of fun in the sun! To make the most of your day, be sure to drink plenty of water in order to avoid heat exhaustion. Drinking fountains are located near each restroom. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen frequently throughout the day. If you happen to forget your sunscreen, Beach Combers and various merchandise locations throughout the Park have a variety of sunscreens and sundries available for purchase.
Lifejackets are available for use throughout Carolina Harbor. Lifejackets are complimentary and are available to any guest wishing to use one. Children, first-time swimmers, and weaker swimmers are encouraged to wear a lifejacket. Lifejackets are available for all guests needing special consideration. Some attractions require children below a specific height to wear a lifejacket before participating in the attraction. Aquatics staff and lifeguards reserve the right to impose the use of lifejackets as needed. For specific attraction requirements, please visit our Guest Assistance Guide page. Guests are permitted to wear their own lifejacket; however it must be Coast Guard certified.
The First Aid Station is located next to the Harbor House. If you need any assistance during your visit, do not hesitate to stop by the First Aid Station, or notify the nearest lifeguard. Our team would be glad to assist.
Upon arriving, we recommend selecting a meeting place such as Beach Combers, in the event you or your child becomes lost or separated from your party. In the unlikely event that your child becomes separated, please alert an associate. Public address pages cannot be broadcast inside Carolina Harbor.
Lost and Found
If you happen to lose an item or leave an item behind while visiting, please drop by Guest Services or the nearest associate for assistance during regular operating hours. After hours, please visit Guest Services located at the North Gate main entrance or submit a request through our online Lost and Found service..
Carolina Harbor is committed to providing all of our guests with an enjoyable visit. Guests with disabilities are encouraged to visit our Guests with Disabilities page for detailed information on the requirements of each attraction, along with the programs that Carowinds and Carolina Harbor offer.
A water wheelchair is available for guests requiring additional assistance when at Tidal Wave Bay, Surf Club Harbor, or Coastal Currents. The water wheelchair may be used by multiple guests on the same day. Pool lifts are available at Camp Wilderness pool. During your visit, please speak to a member of our Aquatics management team to obtain access to the water wheelchair or the pool lifts and for further accessibility information.
For your convenience, lockers are located next to Beach Combers, Tidal Wave Bay, and Surf Club Harbor. Various locker sizes are available for all of your personal belongings. Locker rentals are automated and can be paid using cash and credit cards. Debit cards cannot be used at this time. The lockers work with electronic pin codes and will allow unlimited access throughout the day. Locker access is available until Carolina Harbor is closed for the evening. Carowinds cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
Relax and enjoy the privacy of your own wave side cabana. A limited number of exclusive cabanas are available each day and often sell out. For more information and to reserve your cabana, please visit our Cabana page.
Inner tubes are available free of charge at each attraction that requires a tube in order to ride. Inner tubes must remain at the attraction after riding. If you would like the ultimate fun in the sun, personal inner tubes can be rented for the duration of your day from Tube Rental, located at Tidal Wave Bay and Surf Club Harbor. Rental tubes are for use in Tidal Wave Bay and Surf Club Harbor only.
Cabana Rentals include complimentary inner tubes for use at Tidal Wave Bay and Surf Club Harbor.