Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Media Pass Policy
Carowinds Media Pass Policy
Carowinds media pass policy allows journalists to become familiar with the park’s many story opportunities and, enjoy a day with family or friends.
Working media on assignment are provided complimentary admission and will be accompanied by a representative from the public relations department to assist with information gathering. This courtesy is for the media contact personally - tickets may not be set up under a family member's name, or picked up by anyone other than
the media contact.
Read the Media Pass Guidelines to see if you qualify:
- Credentialed media who live and work in our region within 250 miles of Carowinds
- Working journalists only, office, sales, operations, or retired personnel do not qualify
- Print/Newspapers/Magazines: Owner, General Manager, Publisher, Editor, Reporter, Writer, Photographer
- Radio: Owner, General Manager, Program Director, News Director, Reporter, On-Air Personality, Writer, Producer for AM and FM stations only
- Television: Owner, General Manager, News Director, Assignment Editor, Reporter, On-Air Personality, Writer, Producer, Photographer
- Online: websites, and bloggers who can provide documentation that the site receives at least 10,000 hits/month.
- Freelance: Must providewritten confirmation of assignment.
- Sorry theme park enthusiast and fan-based websites do not qualify as working media.
- Two (2) complimentary passes per season good for Sunday through Friday. Sorry no Saturday passes as that is our busiest day. Passes are not valid for Scarowinds, concerts, or other special events.
We are aware that some newspapers, radio stations and television stations prefer that their personnel not accept complimentary passes to events and attractions. We respect this policy and will decline to offer passes to your personnel if you so indicate. Please contact the Public Relations department if you wish to have your organization excluded from this list.
How do I make a request?
Fill out the form below at least 7 days before you'd like to visit, we will check your eligibility. If you are approved you will get an email confirmation with instructions on how to pick up your passes at the Guest Services window.
Thanks for your interest!