Live Entertainment Auditions
From live bands to night time spectaculars, Carowinds is the premier entertainment destination in the Southeast. During the summer, we entertain guests with live bands, hugs from their favorite characters, and amazing acrobatics. In the fall, we put the “wee” in Halloween during the Great Pumpkin Fest for younger guests and scare the yell out of Guests during our nighttime event, SCarowinds. And since 2017, families from across the Carolinas have made new memories during Winterfest with 10 shows, over 20 unique street performers, and of course, the man in red himself.
Are you ready to take center stage?
Whether a performer, hair and makeup artist or stage manager, every role at Carowinds Live Entertainment is a starring role.
Upcoming Audition Dates
2019 Costumed Character Auditions
Feb. 9th & 10th
From 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Carowinds Employment Office
Looking for Costumed Character Performers, Costumed Character Attendants, & Family Show Hosts
Singers & Dancers
At this time, only video submissions will be accepted. Please see “Submit A Video” for full details.
Improvisational and Character Actors
Actors should prepare a 30 to 60 second monologue, appropriate for a family theme park atmosphere. You may be asked to improvise with other performers during your audition.
Carowinds features the PEANUTS™ family of characters. All applicants must be between 4'-6" and 5'-4". Previous experience in children's theatre, character costume performance, and related experience is helpful but not required. Must be physically able to handle the demands of working in a full body costume, including heat, limited visibility, and limited mobility.
Stage Managers and Technicians
We are looking for professional stage managers with sound and lighting experience, audio technicians with live mixing and track experience, deck technicians with rigging experience & lighting technicians.
Ushers & Costumed Character Attendants
Positions are available for Ushers & Costumed Character Attendants to greet and assists Guests in having the best day ever. Must be friendly, enthusiastic, and work well with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can't Make It to the Auditions? Submit a Video.
Video auditions may be sent via DVD to the mailing address below, or you may email us the link to your video reel at: email@example.com
Those who are interested in auditioning in more than one area can send one video containing all audition/interview pieces on it.
Video Requirements for All Auditions
Applicants must be at least 16 years old before starting to work.
Please include: Video, head shot, performance resume (with references) and cover letter stating your availability dates, up to date contact information, specific employment interest, and a detailed synopsis of video content. (These materials cannot be returned.)
At the beginning of your video, please give us a mini interview by stating your name, the city and state where you are from, a little bit about yourself, and your training and/or experience to give us an insight into your personality and character.
If applicable, please include any portion of past or current productions that show your performing experiences and training.
Video Requirements for a SINGING Audition
Prepare 2 vocal selections of varying styles, choosing music that is upbeat and positive. One of your selections may be Broadway piece, but please keep in mind that most of our shows consist of pop, country, and classic rock & roll. Please, NO A CAPPELLA, classical, or original compositions. Females: Please demonstrate a warm belt. Males: Please show vocal range.
Video Requirements for DANCING Auditions
Prepare approximately a 2-minute Jazz style combination. You may also include a second dance piece displaying your strongest style of dance. i.e. ballet, hip-hop, musical theatre, or any combination of styles.
In addition to the combinations, please execute any other floor movements that you do well. (i.e. turns, jumps, leaps, specialty moves). These do not have to be done to music.
Video Requirements for ACTING Auditions
Prepare a 30-second, comic monologue appropriate for a family-park atmosphere. Please also include any video you may have improvisational skills.
Video Requirements for INSTRUMENTAL Auditions
Please prepare 2 selections of varying styles, choosing music that is upbeat and positive. Prepare one pop, rock, or country piece and one piece that shows your technique.
Please, no highly progressive jazz or hard rock.
Limit videos to approximately two to three minutes.
Vocals are a plus! Please include a vocal selection if you sing. You may accompany yourself.
All of our instrumentalists play an active role in our shows – stage presence and personality are a must! Be sure to perform while playing on video.
Video Requirements for a KARAOKE DJ
Please send a video showing your personality. Remember, it should be appropriate for a family-style atmosphere.
Video Requirements for a PEANUTS(TM) COSTUME CHARACTER
Expand upon the mini-interview. Please include any experience you may have in costumed character work, dance, children’s theatre, and/or recreation. Also, include any experiences working with children.
Please keep in mind the following height requirements: You must be 4’ 6” – 5’ 2” (BFOQ). Those that do not meet these requirements can be considered for an escort or usher position.
Please mail audition materials to:
14523 Carowinds Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28273
Or email to:
General Audition Information
- The minimum age for all Entertainment performers 16. A limited number of positions for 15 year old applicants are available in the costumed character department. The minimum age for all technicians is 17 years old.
- WORKING HOURS: A performer work day includes approximately 4-6 shows per day varying in length from 15 to 35 minutes each, plus any necessary rehearsals scheduled by the production staff. Working hours and days off vary according to show assignments. Technicians work approximately 40 hours per week, with shifts dependent upon theatre assignments. Costume Shop personnel work approximately 40 hours per week. Peanuts Characters may be asked to perform at special functions as needed in addition to their regular work week.
- Carowinds will furnish costumes, shoes, and a limited supply of socks/tights. Females may be asked to supply their own make-up
- Carowinds partners with the following production companies to produce entertainment throughout the season: D&G Entertainment Design, JM Music Design, Les Productions Haut-Vol, and RWS Entertainment Group.
- Singers, Singers/Dancers, Dancers, Musicians: Starting at $104 daily
- Technical Staff and Stage Managers: Starting at $420 per week
- Costume Technicians and Costume Shop Staff: Starting at $420 per week
- PEANUTS™ Characters, Character Escorts: Starting at $360 per week
- Production Staff: Starting at $480 per week.