Print & GoSave Time and Money! Buy and print your tickets at home. Buy Now
Available PositionsSince there are so many opportunities that Carowinds has to offer, we know it can be a little overwhelming choosing the right one! Check out our Job listings below on the many seasonal opportunities that are typically available, and decide which would be the best fit for your skills, personality and future career plans.
Minimum Age: 18
Special Skills Required: Yes
Drivers License Required: Yes
GENERAL SCHEDULE: Average 40 - 45 hrs. per week.
AVAILABILITY NOTE: Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, flexible schedule (to include days, shifts, hours), overtime when required.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under occasional supervision, Installs, inspects and maintains all wood structures of the roller coasters in the park, ensuring efficient and safe operation at all times. Reports to the Coaster Carpenter Foreman..
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING REQUIRED: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one to two years of carpenter experience and/or combination of technical education and experience. Requires working at heights. Must be 18 years of age or older.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Valid driver’s license.
PERSONAL TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Hands tools and steel-toe safety shoes required.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Performs all duties in a safe manner.
- Constructs, installs (placement, position, measure, cut, construct, inspect), replaces, repairs and maintains wooden ride components according to Carowinds standards.
- Sets up and operates carpenter/wood working equipment.
- Installs wood or metal parts.
- Prepares irregular scaffolding which may be required.
- Performs pre-operative check-out (inspect, replace cuts, shaping patches, nailing) on rides daily per Carowinds standards.
- Performs preventative maintenance (planned interval inspections) on rides and other wooden installations.
- Performs preventative maintenance on carpenter equipment to include (grease, oil, sharpen blades, etc.).
- Documents preventive maintenance and check-outs as file record.
- Notifies supervisor of daily performance, any malfunctions or special situation.
- Responds to trouble calls.
- Maintains clear, concise and specific lines of communication between management, associates and other departments.
- Keeps work areas clean and organized.
- Able to properly use safety equipment (i.e. harness, glasses, etc.).
- Refers to policy and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, blueprints, computer manuals, ride manuals, etc.
- Operates equipment and machinery which may include a vehicle, forklift, genie lift, boom truck, lathe, milling machine, steam cleaner, various shop equipment, and a variety of office equipment such as a computer, copier, telephone, two-way radio, etc.
- Uses a variety of supplies and tools, which may include computer and clerical supplies, mechanic’s tools, carpentry tools, plumbing tools, welding equipment, heavy rigging, other hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other Park management and Associates, co-workers, counterparts from other parks, guests, manufacturers’ representatives, vendors, contractors, inspectors, etc.
- Maneuverability and mobility to work throughout Park property.
- Performs annual replacement of wood components on rides.
- Replaces or repairs wood structures in other areas of the Park.
- Regular Attendance.
- Ability to work with other people.
- Good judgment.