General InformationClick Here for a PDF of the Camp Wilderness Map!
Campground General Information
- Pets are permitted on RV sites for free. Please clean up after pets and keep them leashed.
- Ground fires are not permitted.
- Specific site locations and numbers may be requested, but are not guaranteed.
- Check-in time is 2:00 pm (Great Wilderness Lodge is 3:00 pm) Check-out time is prior to 11:00 am.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to place a reservation and register for a unit/site at Camp Wilderness. All guests must be 21 years of age or older or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during their stay.
- VISA, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express, or money order are accepted for payment.
- Please be advised that the Camp Wilderness Resort Cabins and Lodges are non-smoking. In addition, pets are not allowed.
- 24-hour security
Take I-77 to SC exit #90 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border. The park is just 15 minutes South of Uptown Charlotte and 15 minutes North of Rock Hill, SC. To get to the campground go past the entrance of the park and turn right onto Catawba Trace.
- A deposit of first night's accomodations and tax per unit/site is required to confirm any reservation
- BOOKING ONLINE: A valid credit card is required and deposit is charged immediately.
- BOOKING BY PHONE: Deposit may be charged to a credit card immediately or mailed to Carowinds to confirm your reservation. Mailed deposits must be received within 14 days of the reservation date or the reservation is cancelled. The remaining balance due after deposit must be paid at time of check-in.
- More than 72 hours in advance: A $25 cancellation fee ($50 for Great Wilderness Lodge) is charged for each unit/site reservation cancelled more than 72 hours prior to check-in date. You will be refunded the balance of your deposit.
- Less than 72 hours in advance: The entire first night's room and tax is forfeited for each unit/site reservation cancelled less than 72 hours prior to check-in date.
LAST DAYS BEFORE SEASON PASS PRICING GOES UP!
Your fun is here and the best way to grab it is with a Gold Pass to Carowinds. From free parking to early access to the all-new Carolina Harbor waterpark; when you own a Gold Pass, it’s like you own the park.
But hurry, Season Pass prices go up May 31.
» Buy Now