Bring home the flavors of the park with our new series A Taste of Carowinds. Our own Executive Chef Mitch Weaver is sharing some of his favorite recipes so you can make them at home.
First up: Elote Grilled Corn!
Here is what you'll need:
- 5-7 each - Shucked Corn on the Cob
- ¼ cup - Unsalted Butter
- 1 TBSP - Kosher Salt
- Mayonnaise Mixture Recipe
- 1 cup - Mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP - Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP - Fresh Lime Juice (or Half Fresh Lime)
- 1 TSP - Kosher Salt
- 1 TSP - Black Pepper
- Parmesan Powder Recipe
- 1 cup - Grated Parmesan (powdered)
- 1 loose cup - Fresh Cilantro
- 1 TBSP - Dried Chili Flakes
- Optional: Sour Cream Garnish
- 1 Cup- Sour Cream
- ½ Each-Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ TSP- Cumin
- ½- TSP Coriander Powder
- 1 TSP- Chili Powder
- Combine all mayonnaise mixture ingredients and set aside.
- Finely chop cilantro and combine with parmesan powder ingredients. Set aside.
- On medium heat, grill corn until slightly brown with some charred kernels. Make sure not to burn all the kernels.
- Brush corn with butter and sprinkle with salt then remove from grill.
- Brush corn all around with mayonnaise mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan powder over mayonnaise-brushed corn on all sides.
- Optional: Drizzle with or dip into sour cream mixture.
Enjoy! Once you make your Elote Grilled Corn share it with us on social media with #Carowinds. Tell us what park eats you want to make at home on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.