Carowinds' inaugural PEANUTS Celebration is almost here! On opening day, November 2, we'll kick off the fun by paying homage to Charlie Brown. Guests are encouraged to show love to everyone's favorite blockhead by sporting Charlie Brown's signature bright yellow zig-zag striped shirt. Those who dress up as Charlie Brown and visit the park on November 2 will recieve admission for only $25! To make sure you're prepared, we've created a step-by-step guide to help you make your own Charlie Brown costume.
What you'll need:
- A yellow t-shirt
- A piece of cardboard
- Black or dark brown fabric paint
- Foam paint brush
- A ruler (not required but suggested)
1. First, lay your yellow t-shirt flat across the floor or a table. if the shirt is wrinkly, it may be best to iron it before moving on.
2. Next, slip a (preferably thick) piece of carboard inside the shirt, that way no paint seeps through to the back.
3. Third, open the fabric paint and use the edge of the foam paint brush to form a horizontal zig-zagged line about 2/3 of the way down the shirt. Then, paint another zigzagged line several inches below the first one. If you have a ruler, you can use it to help make your lines straight and keep your spacing consistent.
4. Once your lines are complete, use the foam brush to paint the space between the two zig-zag lines.
5. Let the shirt dry. If you'd like the zigzag pattern to extend all the way around, repeat steps 2-4 for the back of the shirt. Then, pair the shirt with your brown or black shorts, yellow socks and brown shoes. There you have it - you're Charlie Brown now!
Of course, if you don't feel like gathering those materials to create your own t-shirt, you can purchase one right here at Carowinds.
At our PEANUTS Celebration (Saturdays and Sundays, November 2-17) you'll step right into the comic strips with PEANUTS-themed immersive activities, such as learning to draw your favorite characters, creating unique arts and crafts, making furry new friends at a petting zoo, snacking on some sweet treats, enjoying live entertainment, and so much more! For more information, click here.